This system is used for making reservations on specific properties primarily for small game and waterfowl hunting. Some properties require reservations for deer, turkey or pronghorn hunting.
FLOOD CLOSURES - Hunters, be sure to check the list of flood closures below.
Central Flyway Reservations (east of the Continental Divide) can be made by calling 1-800-846-9453 (UGO-WILD).
Pacific Flyway Reservations (west of the Continental Divide) can be made by calling 970-255-6161.
Reservations lines are open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding state holidays.
Be prepared to make your reservation!
- Your CID number (Customer Identification Number) that is on your license.
- You must already possess the current year hunting license for the kind of reservation you are making.
- The license plate number of the vehicle you will be using the day you are hunting.
- A list of properties and areas you are interested in reserving.
- Check the Water Conditions Report (see section below).
- Waterfowl? Migratory bird? Deer? Dates? – Carefully read the regulation of your property to understand what is or isn’t allowable on a property. For example, some properties are limited to migratory bird hunting only – pheasants and pigeons do not fall under the definition of migratory birds. Some properties allow deer hunting any day but limit waterfowl days. Please check your regulations to make sure you are in compliance.
ON THIS PAGE:
Flood Closures for Central Flyway
State Parks Closures:
These parks will be closed for awhile due to severe flooding damage. Phone service is not working and email is spotty.
- Eldorado Canyon PARTIALLY OPEN
- St. Vrain
SWA or State Trust Land Closures:
- Big Thompson Ponds SWA CLOSED possibly until spring 2014
- Brower SWA CLOSED until further notice
- Eagle Canyon STL
- Elliott SWA RESERVATIONS OPEN, Hamlin OPEN but Union Tract partially open (see map under Water Conditions).
- Forks SWA
- Mt. Evans SWA
- Narrows SWA
- Simpson Ponds SWA CLOSED until early 2014
- Tamarack SWA OPEN, but road west of area 20 is closed and parking lot on NE side of property is closed.
- Watson Lake SWA CLOSED for 2013-14 season
- Webster SWA CLOSED for 2013-14 season
- Ralston Creek SWA parking lot washed out—hunters can park at Golden Gate Canyon State Park.
**Same 14 day prior to reservation day rules apply.
Reservation Properties and Maps
See the Waterfowl Hunting brochure for property-specific details and regulations, such as those pertaining to the use of floating devices for hunting.
Central Flyway Properties (East of Continental Divide)
Pacific Flyway (West of Continental Divide)
Note: All maps are in PDF format. For more information, see Adobe Reader Download/Troubleshooting.
Looking for more detailed mapping of these or other Parks and Wildlife properties? Visit our Colorado Hunting Atlas.
Water Conditions Report
Water conditions reports are posted here for reference. Please note that these reports will in no way be definitive and are meant to be a guideline to the property – water levels and weather can be very volatile and can change quickly.
General Reservation Rules
Specific rules can vary by property
- To make a reservation you must have your CID and license plate numbers. You must also possess the appropriate license for the species you want to hunt.
- Reservations are not transferable.
- Using the reservations system, hunters are limited to a maximum of one reservation per hunt date and one reservation per phone call.
- The individual named on the reservation must be a licensed hunter and hunt the area and date specified on the reservation.
- Hunters must follow check-in and check-out procedures as posted on the property.
- Reservations are not accepted more than 14 days in advance of the hunt date, nor after 12 noon on the day before the hunt date, or Friday at noon for Sundays and holidays falling on a Monday.
- Hunters who wish to cancel a reservation must do so no later than 12:00 noon on the day before the hunt date. (see Cancellations and No Show Policy below)
- Hunters with reservations may only hunt the hunt area specified on the reservation.
- Please refer to the Parks and Wildlife Fishing (5MB) and Recreational Lands (5.6MB) brochures for individual property regulations BEFORE making a reservation.
- See the Small Game Brochure (5.5MB), Waterfowl Brochure (4.6MB) or the Wildlife Regulations for additional property and season date information.
Cancellations and No Show Policy
Central Flyway reservation cancellations should be made by contacting us at 1-800-UGO-WILD or UGOWILD@state.co.us by 12:00 noon on the day prior to your reservation.
Pacific Flyway reservation cancellations should be made by contacting us at 970-255-6161 by 12:00 noon on the day prior to your reservation.
Failure to hunt a reserved area without prior cancellation may cause forfeiture of privileges to make reservations for the remainder of the hunting season.
- Be sure you have a valid small game hunting license for this year!
- Remember to register for your HIP number by calling 1-866-COLOHIP or www.colohip.com.
- Waterfowl hunters – You must use non-toxic shot and make sure you have your State and Federal Waterfowl stamps! Get birds in close—please, no skybusting!
- Be sure to check your shotgun for a plug, hunting shotguns should not hold more than 3 shells total at one time (magazine and chamber combined).
- For your convenience, hunting hours and important CPW phone numbers are listed on the back of your blue license. Shooting hours are strictly enforced.