||Nearest CPW Office:|
||Steamboat Springs Office|
|Cottonwood Land & Peabody Energy
||P.O. Box 775777|
|37796 Road 53, PO Box 670
Hayden, Colorado 81639
|Steamboat Springs, CO 80477|
970-870-2197 (office) ; 970-871-2853 (fax)
|970-276-5217 (office); 970-276-5222 (fax)
Location: Approximately 10 miles south of Hayden on County Rd 53 (Hayden Gulch).
Acres: 23,700Area Maps:
Williams Fork map
USGS Quads: Hayden, Hayden Gulch, Pagoda, Breeze Mountain
National Forest: Routt
Species Available: Elk
Terrain and Access: The country generally slopes upward from south to north with elevations ranging from 7,900 ft. to 6,900 ft. There are several small drainage’s that are separated by low ridges. The higher elevations are timbered with aspen pockets while the lower slopes and drainage are covered with oakbrush and serviceberry. There are dirt roads that access most of the ridges. Some areas are restricted to foot access only.
Average Success Rates: Please see Participating Ranches.
Check the Ranching for Wildlife main page for season dates.
There are no antler-point restrictions for any of the ranches. No over-the-counter licenses are offered on these properties. Ranching for Wildlife licenses are open to Colorado residents only. Licenses are only for the season and ranch on the license. For more information on season dates and application deadlines, see the Big Game Hunting Brochure.
Ranch rules from previous seasons are provided for a general perspective. Ranch rules are negotiated annually and some rule changes may take affect this year.
WILLIAMS FORK MOUNTAIN RANCH
Ranch Hunting Rules
- Theranch will be divided into two hunting areas. Each area will have access through a designated gate. A maximum number of hunters will be allowed in each hunting areas.
- Check point is designated on maps provided to successful applicants. All hunters must check in at the check point before hunting. All hunters must also check out at that check point at the end of each hunting day. The check point will be staffed one hour before sunrise and one hour after sunset. Each public hunter will be given lock combinations for gates on the assigned hunting area. Certain areas are designated for walk-in access only to all hunters.
- Motor vehicles will be allowed access on the property, but travel is restricted to existing roads as shown on maps provided to successful applicants. No ATVs or snowmobiles will be allowed on the property. The reclaimed areas east of County Road 53 and the wheat fields west of County Road 53 are open for hunting by walk-in access only.
- Licensed hunters will be limited to one non-hunting guest while on the Ranch. We ask that this person remain the same throughout the hunting period. The guest must also sign a liability waiver.
- Areas around dwellings, livestock handling facilities, coal exploration core drilling rigs, and environmental monitoring sites will be closed for the safety of residents, agricultural lessees and contract personnel working on the ranch.
- No overnight use of the Ranch will be allowed.
- No pre-hunt scouting access is allowed.
- No fires, littering, or target shooting is allowed.
- All hunters will be asked to sign a liability waiver and assumption of risk agreement. This form will also serve as a permit to be on the property, and shall be kept in possession of the hunter at all times while on the ranch.
Nearest Camping at Indian Run State Wildlife Area 14 miles NW of William's Fork Ranch.
Limited motels available in Hayden.